Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick little note to tell you about my big win at the Victorian Quilters Showcase Quilt Show in Melbourne last week. I won Runner Up in the Mainly Applique - professional section for my "Hearts and Vines" quilt. The same quilt also won a Judges Commendation. I was so overjoyed as it is a state show and I didn't expect to even get a look in there. I won some beautiful prizes, too.

It is the second time I have entered a show and won prizes and I still find it hard to believe because there are so many divine quilts being made and entered.

The quilt that won Best of Show was staggeringly beautiful with such fine detail and gorgeous work. So often these days I am stunned speechless (no mean feat) by the scale of magnificent and spectacular creativity that is going on among women (and increasingly, men) around us everywhere in the quilting world.

It was also wonderful to see some many young people taking up quilting as well, and putting their work in the show.

It is still quite cold here and I am longing for the warmer weather, although it is still very dry as we seem to have had little rain this winter.

Til the next time,
Happy quilting,
Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment