Wednesday, June 30, 2010

July 1st - Quilting

Hi Everyone,

Again, it is an age since I have done a blog post but here I am.

June was a very exciting month with the Australian Patchwork and Quilting magazine having my quilt, "Fuchsia fanfare" on the front cover and a profile of me inside. It was such an honour to be in the magazine, let alone have my first published quilt pattern on the front cover. I was elated.

I have recently completed another quilt that may go into the magazine and I have also just finished a small Jacobean wall hanging which was a lot of fun. One day I will work out how to put photos on my blog and will show you what I am on about.

We are in the middle of winter here and it has been very cold. I have just read in today's paper that we are having a colder winter than the previous couple of years and it really does feel that way. However, it is perfect quilting weather.

I have spent a lot of time in the garden of late, too, as it seems that winter in the garden is a very busy time; there always seems so much to do like pruning and preparation for spring. But even when it is cold it is still nice to be out there in the crisp air, if it isn't windy.

Til the next time, happy quilting.
Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment