Thursday, January 10, 2013

A New Block! Or is It?

Hi Quilters,

I hope everyone out there had an enjoyable Christmas and Happy New Year. Let's hope that 2013 is a good year filled with lots of laughter, good health and  friends and quilt or craft making.

Working in a fabric shop, as I do, where I teach applique and machine quilting, can be a bit of a hazard at times because of all the magnificent fabric and quilting accessory temptations thrown into my path. This week I succumbed to Michele Hill's beautiful fabrics from the Dear William range - how divine they are.

I decided to make a 9 block small quilt, with alternating pieced and applique blocks, and border it with one of Michele's beautiful border prints. In doing so I think I may have come up with a new block; I wondered how we are able to find out if a block that we think we have come up with has actually not been invented before!! There are so many out there that not long ago I had the feeling that it might be almost impossible to come up with a new one.

I may have to get my husband's assistance and post a photo of my block.

Does anyone have any idea how we would know about this?

I wish you all safety, happiness, freedom and laughter.

Happy Quilting,

Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment